NavAtHome Terms & Conditions
This contract is between Navathome.com and the student.
- Payments for course fees are due, in full, at the time of enrolment.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer in TWD.
- There is an extendable access period of 6 months set for the course. An admin fee of £30 is charged for each time the course is extended.
- Once payment has been made and confirmed students will be sent the student pack and be supplied with the log in information to access the online course.
- The student pack will be sent on the next working day and delivery to Taiwan is included in the course price.
- Additional fees may be applied to addresses outside of these areas.
- Navathome will not be held responsible for any duty or expenses incurred in the country of delivery.
- Under Navathome.com and consumer protection (Distance Selling) regulations you have a statuary cooling off period of 14 business days from the day you book your course.
- At any time during this period you can notify Navathome.com that you wish to cancel your contract with us and your course fees will be refunded on return of the undamaged training materials.
- The course materials must be returned in an ‘as new’ condition and the postage paid.
- Access to the online course material is terminated immediately.
You will not be able to claim a full refund if the course material has been damaged or if you have no proof of purchase.
Navathome reserves the right to deduct for the net cost of any missing or damaged course materials and postage.
There is an extendable access period of 6 months set for the course. An admin fee of £30 is charged for each time the course is extended.
If the access lapses it can still be extended anytime within a period of 3 years from the date the access period lapsed.
If a course remains dormant for more than 3 years, (has lapsed and not been extended within a period of three years) it will be terminated and the log in removed.
Once a student has passed the assessment their course is complete and their access terminated.
Students must have access to the internet and email to complete the course.
The course is not transferable and access is for the applicant only.
- Please check that the free trial runs on your device before booking.
- The courses do not use a platform so work on most devices including Ipad, Iphone, PC, Mac, Android etc.
There some issues with the free chart plotter simulator provided by the RYA. It works on PC and Mac but not on mobile devices. It is not essential to the courses so can be worked around if a student does not have access the PC based units.
Pre course Knowledge
Students should be at the correct level for the course being taken. No previous experience is required to take the Day Skipper theory course, Day skipper level theory is required for the Coastal/Yachtmaster theory and Coastal/Yachtmaster theory is required before taking the RYA Ocean theory.
What we provide
We will provide online back up and land line telephone backup as required by each student and every endeavour will be made to help students achieve their aims.
We will not disclose information about students unless we are legally obliged to do so or a student has agreed in writing in advance.
By enrolling you confirm that we may hold necessary business information about you including your name, address, course booking, payment and course record. No credit card information is held by Navathome.
Any contract between you and us shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.
All dealings, correspondence and contact between us and you shall be made or conducted in the English language.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of course information. However, we cannot accept any liability for errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the course content.
We continuously improve the course content and we do welcome any feedback from students which improve the quality of the course.
All online material has been written and is under copyright to Navathome.com Ltd/ No part of the online documents can be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise) or for any purpose, without the express written permission of Vic and Lyn Punch. Course material should be treated as for any copyrighted material.