ICC全名為International Certificate of Competence，為在國外駕船需提供之證照，為多數歐洲國家所採用。
- Seamanship:- includes parts of the boat, types of warp, knots, chain, anchoring, tying up, preparation for sea and port or starboard tack.
- Introduction to chart work:- chart Familiarisation, points of the compass, latitude and longitude, position of an object, using a Portland type plotter, finding position on a chart.
- Tidal heights and streams:- what causes tides, terminology, tidal height calculations, using tide tables, using the tidal curve, secondary ports, computation of rates, tidal streams using tidal diamonds and the tidal stream atlas.
- Position fixing:-, compass variation, compass deviation, position fixing using various methods, dead reckoning and estimated position.
- Course to steer:- How to plot a course to steer taking into account tidal flow and leeway, how to maintain an accurate ground track.
- GPS:- Abbreviations and terminology, how to use a GPS, raster and vector charts and updating charts.
- Buoyage and pilotage:- Available information, identification of buoys and their lights and shapes, using forward and back bearings, using tidal graphs.
- Safety:- Safety briefs, mayday and rescue, life jackets, abandon ship, actions in fog and radar reflectors.
- Lessons on how to berth in varying conditions
|International Certificate of Competence|